Last year, my husband and I were hosting a New Year’s Eve party at our house, full of plenty of adult beverages, Wii games, and great times with great friends. This year found us sitting at home, watching college football games, and crashing well BEFORE the ball dropped.
Would I trade my current life for my old life? NO WAY!
I may be able to remember what life was like before Davey, but now it just seems like a dream. A distant memory. A look through a foggy glass. And it seems like before New Year’s came around, my husband and I had already made our resolutions. Out with the old and in with the new, including lifestyles. But just so you all know that we still make New Year’s Resolutions…legitimate ones, I thought I would share with you all. They are no longer individual goals, but instead family ones.
1. Me to take over more of a domestic role in the house, including cooking for the family, raising our family, and keeping our family in order.
2. To focus on more family oriented events.
3. To spend more time with our friends who have kids. This will mean that we won’t have to try to find a sitter. Not to worry, as we still plan to find time with our other friends, especially since they seem to kick @ss! 🙂
4. Clemson tailgating again. Davey’s first introduction to real southern football.
5. And I suppose this one is more my goal than my husband’s…to make my own baby food. YIKES! As soon as I start doing that, I’ll definitely create another page with recipes and will fill you all in.
What about the rest of you, especially you first time moms? What do you have planned for the New Year? I plan to make every moment of every day revolve around my little guy.